We at Tracker understand that privacy is important to our customers. We are committed to respecting and safeguarding the privacy of our customers. In this privacy statement, we will inform you about the processing of your personal data.
We follow Finnish and EU legislation in the processing of personal data, as well as regulations and guidelines issued by the authorities. To use Tracker Ltd.’s products and services or to order products and services from our online store, the customer must accept the terms of this privacy statement.
We only collect data necessary to provide products and services. We do not collect sensitive data, such as personal identification numbers. We also do not collect or save order payment information, such as bank card numbers. Instead, payments are made in the payment service provider’s or payment brokers’ systems.
This privacy statement applies to Tracker online store and website, the My Pages service, other Tracker products and services, as well as all other Tracker functions with access to this document.
Products and Services are applications, web-services, devices and other products or services that Tracker manufactures or offers. By purchasing our products or services you receive the rights to use the product or service for it’s intented use. Tracker reserves the right to close an individual user account or product if it suspects misuse.
DATA CONTROLLER AND CONTACT INFORMATION
The controller of the personal data are: Tracker Oy (Takatie 6, 90440 Kempele, VAT FI04205273, tel. +358 10 666 4800).
For more information on privacy and personal data processing, please contact: email@example.com.
HOW DO WE USE THE DATA?
The data collected is used:
- to use our products and services (including tracking services)
- for statistical purposes
- to maintain customer relationships
- to place, process and archive orders
- to develop Ultracom’s operations and services
- to prevent misconduct
- to improve and target marketing
- to develop customer service and the online store.
The information is processed based on the relationship between the customer and Tracker, the use of the website or the customer’s separate consent. By ordering and using products or services, you agree that your data will be used as described above.
If the customer does not agree to the collection and use of the data, we may not be able to provide our products and services, and it will not be possible to use the product.
WHERE DO WE GET THE DATA FROM?
We get mainly the data from the users themselves. In addition, we may get data from our partners, for example, the product’s service history from a service point authorized by Tracker. Tracker will not collect sensitive data, such as personal identification numbers and payment data. Data will not be collected if the customer does not use our products or services. Our website and online store collect data when the customer visits the page (more on this later).
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- Data provided by the customers themselves
- Contact information, such as name, address, email address and phone numbers
- Data observed about the use of services or data derived from analytics
- Purchase history, including ordered products and their price data
- Delivery data, such as the selected delivery method and delivery address
- Product reviews
- Usage and browsing data for the online store and our website, as well as the identification data of the terminal device
- Product recommendations and other data and tags used for targeted content
- Usage of social media sites managed by Tracker Ltd.
- IP addresses
- Location and location history of the product or service used by the customer
- Positioning data sent by devices
- Data collected by services (e.g. application), such as the user’s telephone number, software order code, software order history, as well as the devices connected to the software and any connected telephone numbers
Collecting data is necessary to allow users to order or use our products and services.
WHO PROCESSES PERSONAL DATA?
Only Tracker’s employees have access to customer data, and our personnel have been trained to use data securely and ethically.
If needed, Tracker may disclose data to its partners (for example, service orders from our resellers). Tracker may also disclose data to its partners to ensure quality of service.
As a result of the technical implementation of data processing, some of the data may physically be located elsewhere, on the servers of subcontractors external to the data controller, from which personal data will be processed through a technical connection.
HOW IS DATA PROTECTED AND STORED?
All personal data is protected against unauthorized access and accidental or unlawful deletion, alteration, disclosure, transfer or other unlawful processing.
The data centers and the technical and process security of online store systems are at a high level. The servers are protected against hacking and denial-of-service attacks.
We follow good privacy practices in the processing of personal data and planning thereof.
Some of the registers can be located on servers and systems outside Tracker, due to the service providers’ own systems. These include Tracker’s social media sites, support services, registration or log-in systems as well as newsletter subscribers. Some of the registers of the external service providers can be located outside the EU.
The requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, in force as of 25 May 2018, have been considered in the processing of personal data.
HOW LONG IS THE DATA STORED?
We only store our customers’ personal data for the time needed to meet the purposes described in this statement. In addition, some data may be stored longer to the extent necessary to fulfil the obligations laid down by law, such as accounting and consumer-business responsibilities, and to show their proper implementation.
At the request of the customer, his/her data can be deleted from Tracker’s systems, and the data will no longer be used for the purposes listed in the statement. However, deleting the data may prevent products and services from being used and ordered.
For some data, legislation imposes obligations on longer-term storage, for example, for the following purposes:
- The Accounting Act defines longer retention periods for data, regardless of whether the material contains personal data or not.
- System logs are collected and maintained as required by law so that we can provide a legitimate and secure online store for our customers.
- Adequate backups are made of online store databases and systems to protect data, to correct error conditions and to ensure security and continuity.
WHAT RIGHTS DOES THE CUSTOMER HAVE?
As a customer, you have the right to:
- get copies of your personal data
- ask that your personal data be rectified or deleted
- request a processing restriction or object to the processing of personal data under certain conditions.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent to the collection of personal data at any time. However, this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out before the withdrawal of consent. It is necessary to store some of the data to use the products and services. Upon withdrawal of your consent to the collection of data contained in this statement, you may be prevented from using our products or services in whole or in part.
MAKING A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION ON PERSONAL DATA
The customer has the right to make a request for information on the collected personal data by contacting Ultracom. (see section 2. DATA CONTROLLER AND CONTACT INFORMATION). The request must be sufficiently specific so that we can verify the identity of the customer. In case we cannot implement the request to some extent, such as remove all data that is legally required or entitled to be retained, we will inform the customer about it. The data requested by the customer is primarily delivered to the email address in our customer register or by post to the address in our customer register.
Should there be any deficiencies or illegalities in the processing, the customer has the right to file a complaint with the data protection authorities.
HOW CAN I INFLUENCE THE USE OF MY DATA?
Tracker Ltd. offers its customers the opportunity to influence the collection and use of their data. You can influence the collection of data in the following ways:
- If the use of our products (e.g. location devices) is ended, we will no longer collect location data from your device.
- If the use of services (e.g. location software) is ended, we will no longer collect location data from your terminal device or phone number.
- Our newsletter can be cancelled using the link in the newsletter or by making a separate request.
- By cancelling the marketing rights (email notifications and SMS notifications) in the My Pages service.
- By requesting Ultracom to delete some or all of your data.
We continuously develop our services, so features may be added, changed or deleted.
Note! In some cases, it is not possible to remove all data if legislation requires the retention of a piece of data or part thereof.
WILL MY DATA BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES?
We will disclose your data to third parties when it is necessary for the product or service to function. Data may be disclosed for direct marketing purposes unless this has been denied by the data subject. Data may be disclosed to companies that are financially affiliated to Tracker Ltd.
Tracker may use external service providers such as technical telephone support, whereby Tracker may transfer personal data to service providers that process personal data on behalf of Tracker.
If necessary, we will also disclose data at the request of authorities if the authority has sufficient authorization to implement the request, for example, a court order or other binding legislation. We will also always inform the customer of any request for information if it is permitted under the law.
MONITORING DATA AND COOKIES OF THE ONLINE STORE AND OUR WEBSITE
We also use other technologies such as Google Analytics and cookies. These technologies help us better understand our customers’ behaviour and tell us which products are of interest to our customers and what features and services are the most useful to our customers.
APPLIED LAWS AND POSSIBLE ARGUMENT SITUATIONS
All of our services are accordance to Finnish laws. All arguments will be settled in the Finnish court (Oulu District Court).
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OF SERVICE
We do our best so that our services and products do not have interruptions. However we hold the right for possible interruptions of services and products. These interruptions can be controlled (for example controlled server updates and restarts) or un-controlled (for example interruptions on internet service providers).
Ultracom holds no liability from direct or in-direct damage or harm, for example the loss of information or income, or any other harm or damage that are caused by the interruption of our services and products or from using our products and services.
CAN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT BE CHANGED?
Due to service development and changes in legislation, we reserve the right to change the privacy statement. Registered customers will be informed of significant changes to the privacy statement when the terms are updated.
This privacy statement replaces the previous register description.